La entrevista es una práctica que se utiliza para obtener información por parte de otra persona mediante la realización de preguntas.
Las preguntas para una entrevista deben estar diseñadas con el fin de lograr respuestas objetivas y claras, aunque nada garantiza que el entrevistado sea honesto ni conciso.
No solo un periodista puede hacer una entrevista, ya que este formato se aplica al campo laboral en el proceso de selección de un nuevo empleado.
Las entrevistas en inglés tienen un formato muy similar a las de cualquier otro idioma. Ahora veremos algunos ejemplos.
Ejemplos de entrevistas en inglés
- Ejemplo 1: entrevista de trabajo en inglés
H: Good morning Julian. Nice to meet you.
J: Good morning, it’s nice to meet you too.
H: Tell me a little bit about yourself.
J: Well, I’m 30 years old and I’m from Spain. I graduated there at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia as an Electronics Engineer in the year 2010. When I finished my studies I started working at a company dedicated to the distribution of medical equipment, and I’ve worked on this sector ever since.
H: Why did you leave your job?
J: When I was first hired, the job and growth expectations were quite attractive. But after a few years in the company, things changed, and I couldn’t get to progress as I would’ve liked.
H: What do you know about our company?
J: Well, it’s a company I’ve known for many years; you’re well-known in the industry for the quality of your work and products. You work at an international level and I’m quite familiar with your product catalogue. I know you’ve recently been granted an important contract by five new hospitals.
H: Why do you want to work for us?
J: I believe I could fit quite well in this expansion process that your company is undergoing. I like the way you manufacture your products, and for what I’ve read about your company policy, I’d feel quite comfortable working here.
H: Do you have any questions?
J: Well, I’d like to know how working hours are arranged.
– Thank you for your time, I really appreciate this opportunity. Could I please have your e-mail in case I need to ask you any further questions?
- Ejemplo 2: entrevista en inglés a un famoso
– It seems that this year you will launch your next album, tell us a little about it.
– Yes, I am very happy because finally the result of two long years of work will be seen. I had the opportunity to hear it completely and I feel it is one of my best productions.
– Do you plan to undertake a tour so that we all listen to the new songs?
– That is very likely to happen. I just hope to start it in this city.
– What do you hope to achieve with this album that it took a while to produce.
– The idea was to get something that I feel very proud of. It’s not just about making a disc year after year so that people can’t forget me. It’s about offering great music especially for fans who will always believe in me.
– Well, thank you very much for your words. We wish you good luck with this album.
– Thank you for always being interested in my crazy things. Kisses to all my fans.